Total Pageviews

Followers

Translate

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Greenshank (Gloucestershire)

I am watching my Rowen tree, it is great, full of red berries. This is the first time it has done this, so, I do believe that it's comes waiting for the birds, you know which one it is, the Waxwing! "But, they only go the white berries not the red ones",  yes I know that, but last winter it cames to the red as well. Still, it'll be exciting.


Today's music is: Eric Bibb - Rocking Chair ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzaHCBuzq-A&feature=related )
 

20 comments:

  1. that's a beautiful little shorebird.

    and i hope you get lots of waxwing visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of teh bird. The waxwing will come!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the Waxwings Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely shot ........good luck with the waxwings........... hope you get thousands.......one per berry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful shots Bob....very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ale on jest śliczny i taki zgrabny :-). Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Greenshank images! Such an elegant looking bird.

    My fingers are cross that you will get lots of beautiful waxwings visiting your berry laden tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job! I hope the waxwings show up because they're fascinating for me. Nothing like them in these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great capture Bob. You certainly got close to it.

    Hope the Waxwings visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is a beauty.
    I don't know what a waxwing is, but I'll be seeing it in your future posts. :)
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely images Bob it's a beautiful bird to see... fingers crossed for the Waxwings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that final plunge into the water !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty bird - such nice photographs Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...waiting with you for the waxwing...and in the meantime...what GREAT shots of this pretty little shore bird!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice set of Greenshank photos Bob...one of my favourite waders

    ReplyDelete