Total Pageviews

Followers

Translate

Monday 23 May 2011

Great Northern Diver (Isle of Mull, Scotland)

I had to do  it, it's not a very good, but it was the only Divers that I could get.
Here are those that I've not seen before or have not seen it often: Red-throated Divers, Shag, Red-breasted Merganser, Hen Harriers, Curlews, Ringed Plovers, Turnstone, Great Black-backed Gulls, Black Guillemots, Great Grey Shrike, Grasshopper Warblers, White-tailed Sea Eagles, Dunlins, Razorbills, Twites, Rock Pipits, Rock Doves, Woodcock, Yellowhammer, (at long last), Greenshanks and a CORNCRAKE. I had a very good sound of it but, my brother was the one who saw it, damn.

8 comments:

  1. looks very much like our loon.

    (laughed at your 'damn' comment on your brother's sighting.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,
    so nah habe ich ihn noch nie gesehen.
    Tolles Foto!
    Liebe Abendgrüße sendet Dir
    Irmi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does like like a loon Bob. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We saw the Great Northern Diver this week Bob. Also saw some in Canada a few years ago where they call them Loons as Gary says.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a bad photo at all bob. I'm off to Mull again at the end of June and can't wait. Where was the Corncrake if you don't mind me asking? I've seen them on Iona but know that they are now spreading out across the rest of the island.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen any of them so keep snappin', Bob! Over here a loon is what we called my uncle Bob but he was a whole different sort of burd.

    ReplyDelete